Lai Mohammed Listed Achievements As Minister Of Information & Culture
Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, recently laid out what he considered to be his major achievements shortly after he assumed office in 2015.
Some of His Achievements Include:
- Launch of Nollywood Creative Industry Financing Initiative (NCIFI)
- This project was launched to provide financing and technical assistance to Nollywood film makers.
- War Against Indiscipline
- This campaign was launched to re-established order and discipline amongst the citizenry.
- Battle Against Fake News
- His campaign against fake news has really helped reduce the spread of misinformation and false information.
- Integrated National Identity Management System (INIMS)
- This system was created to interconnect all agencies whose function is related to the management of identity.
- Launch of Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Television
- This was launched to reduce the digital divide and enhance access to broadcasting services.
Alhaji Lai Mohammed's achievements have been largely lauded by the public and officials in the information sector.
The Nigerian Minister of Information and Culture, Mr. Lai Mohammed, recently enumerated his achievements, as he marked four years of serving in the President Muhammad Buhari's administration.
Speaking in Abuja on Sunday, the minister said that under his watch, the National Communication Commission (NCC) had been able to contain the menace of call masking, while the Digital Switch-Over (DSO) process was completed. The Minister also noted that his ministry identified and patronized new talents across the country – including comedy, musical and Nollywood masterpieces.
In addition, the Minister reported that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) improved the licensing regime for broadcast stations, while the National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) improved the rating system and streamlining the distribution of certificated films and videos.
Furthermore, the Minister lamented the prohibitive cost of radios and television sets, adding that efforts are ongoing to tackle that challenge with the Federal Government’s proposed N1 billion intervention fund for setting up electronics manufacturing and assembly plants.
The Minister expressed his ministry’s preparedness to key into President Muhammadu Buhari’s “Next Level” agenda, which places much emphasis on the entertainment industry, and the creation of jobs for Nigerians.
On the whole, the Minister’s accomplishments have been remarkable. Despite the challenges associated with the industry, he has worked hard to ensure that his ministry executes projects promoting the culture and media industry in Nigeria.